Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a really silly Question: Yes, you have complete permission to laugh at me

Mia Paulin April 4, 2023

I'm new here and am trying to learn the systems and be proficient and dive in/utilize all the material I can.  In doing so, I made a complete idiot out of myself.  Feel free to laugh while I'm crying(seriously, laugh because if it wasn't happening to me, I would think it was funny too).  Ok, so I was setting up my git integration and trying to be secure about it(because my husband does like using my laptop) and protect team/company information.  So, I added an extra layer of protection to my portal and local pc by adding ssh private and public keys.  Most people would be like "haha, she lost her keys...".  I didn't lose the keys.  Appaerntly, I'm smart enough to set the public and priavte keys up, but not smart enough to use them.  Does anyone know the git or powershell command to be able to authenticate my portal to my local machine using private and public keys?  I have a Windows Based computer(Windows 11).  I'm feeling lucky and hoping someone can help with this.

2 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anne Saunders
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2023

I think you've already done the first few steps on this list, but it should get you the rest of the way: 

https://docs.github.com/en/authentication/connecting-to-github-with-ssh/generating-a-new-ssh-key-and-adding-it-to-the-ssh-agent?platform=windows

Anne Saunders
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2023

If not, the rest of the related articles in the left-nav tree on that site should be enough to get you anything else you need.

Mia Paulin April 4, 2023

Thanks!

Like Anne Saunders likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Mia Paulin April 4, 2023

From laughter to people thinking "Wow, that's sad..." I configured it in SourceTree.  I haven't had my coffee yet.  I apologize.  But, seriously,  Where can I get some documentation for using my keys(note: they have already been created).  This is for future issues

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events