Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when moving lists to another board, all of the members assigned to each card disappeared!

Steven Brady
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 8, 2017

I'm not sure what more to say than that.  Any of the tickets where I was a member, I am still a member, but the previous memebership otherwise has been wiped out.  The card history still shows that those people were added to the cards at one point, but no longer.  Is there a way to fix this without manually going into dozens of cards and reassigning members?

2 answers

1 vote
Oscar Triscon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2017

When moving cards across boards, any members that are not on both boards are removed from the cards (because of access permissions). You need to make sure the members are added to the destination board before the move.

Regarding fixing it, adding one or more members to multiple cards can be done with third party automation tools. But if the members are different for each card, then you'll need to use the API to write a program to recover the members and re-add them. I can give you guidance if you want to go down that route.

shon September 5, 2017

Hi Oscar,

I faced the same issue. I'm comfortable using Python APIs. But could not figure where do I find data of previous members data?

Any hints would be helpful.

Thanks.

Oscar Triscon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2017

Hi Shekhar,

To recover the members from cards already copied, you will need to first find the source card. You can obtain this by issuing this API request:

GET 1/cards/CARD_ID/actions?filter=copyCard

Where CARD_ID is the id of a copied card.

This will return an array of actions, which should only contain one object. This object will have a data field with a cardSource object in it.

Take the id field from the cardSource object and use it to read the members from the source card:

GET 1/cards/SOURCE_CARD_ID/members
shon September 8, 2017

Thanks Oscar Triscon. Following code worked for me.

GET api.trello.com/1/cards/<card-id>/actions/?filter=addMemberToCard&key=<key>&token=<token>

Oscar Triscon
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2017

That code recovers user additions from a card, but be careful that the users haven't been removed from it afterwards.

Depending on your application, it's better to find the source card and copy the current members.

shon September 8, 2017

Yes got your point about later changes (user removed).

On source card I am not sure if there is one. Since the card is moved I thought it's same card in same list but in new board.

Oscar Triscon
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2017

Ah of course. I was thinking about copying cards, not moving, sorry.

0 votes
Sharon Eaton January 28, 2019

How did you move your list to another board? I cant find a way to do this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events