Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new member to a group using a email address that was already used before how do I change de #

Pato Duque February 20, 2018

Hello, everyone.  I'm trying to add a member to an existing team using an email address that was used before in this team but now belongs to a diferente person.  The problem is that when I add the email address, Trello automatically offers the user name (with the hash simbol) of the previous user as the only choice.  I can`t find any setting where this can be modified.  The email address belongs to our institution and the new person in that post needs to use it for Trello.  Can someone help?  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2018

Hey Pato!

Have this user go to www.trello.com/forgot and get a password reset email. Then, they can change the password, log into the account and go to www.trello.com/my/account and update their name and username.

Alternatively, to start with a "clean slate", they can do a password reset and then delete their account at the bottom of the My Account page. Then once they confirm the deletion, they can create a new account with the same email address.

Pato Duque February 21, 2018

Thank you very much for your answer! I Will pass the information down right away.  :)  saved!

Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2018

Hi Pato

Did this work out for this user?

Pato Duque February 23, 2018

Yes it did.  Thanks a lot Matthew.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events