Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new card in list has comment ' auto added'

Neville Park April 7, 2022

just started recently, if i add a new card to a list and then open it, there is a comment already added that is a couple of lines of text that appears to have been copied from the clipboard. It appears on every new card. I have checked clipboard history and it is not there. How can i stop Trello 'auto populating new cards ?

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2022

Hi @Neville Park ! Welcome to the community :) are you able to share a screenshot of what you see? Perhaps there's some automation that's happening in the background? Could you check in your butler automation commands to see if there's a rule around adding comments to cards? If you don't see anything there, maybe there's another automation running (e.g. Zapier).

Neville Park April 7, 2022

Thanks Hannah, not able to do screenshot but it really is just a one line snippet of something I remember adding to another card. I don't have any automaton set up and don't use butler, can't see that any rules have been set up for anything like this, it appears to be random in that it doesn't happen on every list on every board. I will have to keep digging to see if i can find a common denominator. It almost mimics what a template would do (i don't use them)

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2022

Hmm seems weird! 🤔 I've never seen that before. You're not doing some fancy keyboard shortcut when creating/opening the card? I'm not able to help much here, but Trello support might be able to look into the logs to see where the activity is originating from.

Neville Park April 10, 2022

very strange, i haven't been able to replicate it over last 2 days. would love to know what was causing it, gremlins maybe ?  Thanks hannah

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2022

Hahaha! Maybe! 👻

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events