Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need 800 people's contact info put on separate cards on my first list in a workflow...how to do this

Morgan_Pylant
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 4, 2020

Hi,

I need 800 people's contact info put on separate cards on my first list in a workflow...how do I do this quickly and accurately?

Can I do this on the free version that I have?...or is there a capacity issue that would require that I have business level?

I would assume that I would export my current contacts with info in an Excel spreadsheet.  I would love for the info to populate the cards seamlessly.  Do I have to have a power-up that would create the card template with the fields that Trello would recognize and automatically build the cards with info?

Thanks for your help!  :)

4 answers

2 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2020

@Morgan_Pylant The Crmble powerup has Google Contacts integration:

https://crmble.com/faqs/

I'll tag in @Antonio Panea here to find out if this can help with import, but perhaps if you're using a CRM integration such as this you don't need to add all 800 cards at once, rather you could create cards as you make calls, and synch each card as you go with your Google contacts.

2 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2020

If you copy and paste a list of things that are separated by a new line (or copy and paste an excel column) when it gets pasted into the title of a single card, Trello will ask if you want to make 800 cards. If you say yes, you get a card for each line in your clipboard. If you say no, you get a card with a really long title :)

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2020

@Michael Pryor well, 100 at a time ;)

Like Michael Pryor likes this
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2020

Ah TIL there’s a 100 limit on that feature. I guess that makes sense. 

1 vote
Antonio Panea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2020

Hi @Morgan_Pylant , @Michael Pryor , @Iain Dooley 

thanks for reaching out and for your comments! As @Iain Dooley said, with Crmble Power-Up   you will be able to manage all your contacts in a Trello board and turn that into a CRM. It also comes with Dashboard visualizations and is linked with Google Drive, Google Contact, Google Forms and Facebook leads. So you will be able to nurture your leads through your sales funnel in your Trello board with new leads added automatically!

This week we are going to launch a new feature that will allow you to see your contacts (Trello Cards ) in a list view, so you can filter for any parameter/contact field that you wish. Also the you'll be able to import contacts/leads from a CSV, creating new Trello cards with the Crmble Fields fulfilled as per your request. I think maybe that could be a solution for what you are looking for.

If you have any question or you just need a quick startup please feel free to set up a meeting with us and we can guide you to walk through it! We love to help!

Cheers
Toni

0 votes
Michelle Rau good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2020

I have had a little success with using mail merge to create new cards by email, but I doubt the information would end up where you want it. Still, it's another possibility.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events