is trello a good tool to manage and follow up on clients

celine azria May 19, 2020

Hello

I would like to follow up on clients from different projects and integrate the client's information (not only tel mail etc but also other fields that i would need to personnalize)

can i use trello to follow up on them and link the database / task boards / google calendar 

and another important point i would like to be able to export the database to a csv or excel file at any time 

thank you for your help :)

celine

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2020

I would recommend signing up for Business Class as you would get CSV export as well as the ability to use the custom fields powerup (and other power ups). 

celine azria May 19, 2020

first thank you for your answer, i really appreciate :)

does that mean each client is a card with X number of custom fields and personalized fields ?

i can manage as many cards as i wish or i am limited ?

i can filter the cards so i seen only the relevant ones for follow up right ?

and export them ?

if so, it seems a great tool and i'm ready to sign up for business trello :)

thanks in advance  for your help 

Like Antonio Panea likes this
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2020

@celine azria I'll field some of those follow up questions:

does that mean each client is a card with X number of custom fields and personalized fields ?

That's generally how people using Trello as a CRM would do it. As @Brittany Joiner points out the new Crmble power up is really making strides into formalising the many informal ways in which people have traditionally used Trello as a CRM, too, and they use the same model where one person is one card and your fields for that person appear on the card.

i can manage as many cards as i wish or i am limited ?

There are some (very high) published limits on the number of cards that can be visible on a board, but typically things start to slow down once you have more than about 1,000 visible cards on a board.

As such you really want your Trello CRM board to represent active leads/opportunities rather than being your complete database of all contacts. Using something like Crmble which integrates with Google Contacts is a good solution for this.

i can filter the cards so i seen only the relevant ones for follow up right ?

You can filter the board by label, member, due date, card title and custom field value, but also you can use lists to split cards up and prioritise when/how to contact them (for example hot leads, warm leads and those requiring immediate action could go into different lists). 

and export them ?

Trello's built-in export will export your cards into a few different formats ... I'm not *certain* if Custom Field values are included in those exports, but other power up data like Crmble fields won't be included in those exports.

However you can also use the API in Trello to do virtually anything you want, for example this guy describes how to use Google Sheets as a live Trello export/synch:

http://www.littlebluemonkey.com/blog/automated-trello-reporting-using-google-spreadsheets

Which export method/format is best for you will really depend on what you want to do with your export/why you want to export the information.

Like Antonio Panea likes this
2 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2020

Hi @celine azria ! Welcome to the community!

Check out the Crmble Power-Up , it's meant for managing contacts in Trello. You can sync with Google and Facebook to integrate your leads, and (coming this week) you can import a CSV of your contacts directly into Trello! It comes with custom contact-related fields, like lead source, date created, email, phone, etc.

image.png

Once your leads are in there, you can manage tasks, easily with checklists and labels and due dates. You can assign members and filter your board by due date/members/labels, to be able to get the exact view that you want. And you can see reporting on your sales pipeline with the dashboard reporting!

image.png 

You can also export your leads to a CSV (this feature is coming soon - within the next couple of weeks I believe).

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2020

@celine azria if you're staying in touch with leads via Trello, you might like to send and receive emails from your Trello cards, for example with the SendBoard powerup:

https://sendboard.com/

or my own product BenkoDesk:

http://www.benkodesk.com/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events