Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to sort cards in order of date and time

Tanjit Dosanjh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 24, 2020

I'm sending emails to a board the card title is always starting with a date and time like this

"Tuesday, Jul 28, 2020 9:00 AM-9:20 AM"

This format is needed because the emails are appointment booking emails.

I've created a rule using butler so the due date of card becomes the date in card title.  then when i go to calendar view on trello all the appointments appear in the correct dates. 

the issue I've got is appointments are all on correct date in calendar view but they are not in the appointment time order. 

Is there a way I can make butler add the time to the due date from my card title?  I cannot change the date/time format in the card title because the booking emails come automatically from somewhere else which I have no control over.

1 answer

0 votes
Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2020

Hi Tanjit,

The Butler rule will usually take the first time from the card title and convert it to the time in the due date. Therefore in the example that you gave this would add the time to the due date at 9am. There isn't a way to adjust this within Butler, so the only option would be to find a way to adjust the emails coming in, which it sounds like it will be difficult for you to do.

Feel free to reach out to us at trello.com/contact if you want us to look at the specific rules that you have set up on your board.

Thanks!

Ryan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events