Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to handle 2 members with same abbreviation of name?

MireilleS March 21, 2019

I have 2 teammembers who's names start with the same letters. Both are given RW in Trello as team member, but that is not efficient. 

4 answers

1 vote
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2019

I would recommend you have them add their photos to their Trello profiles so people can distinguish between the two immediately by seeing the differences in their head shot.

Thanks,

Jodi

0 votes
MireilleS March 22, 2019

Thank you so much. I will use your suggestions. In the meantime also figured out that you can change the abbreviation in your profilesettings! So there are multiple options for this problem :-)

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2019

That's great to hear @MireilleS - thanks for sharing :)

Claudio Steiner March 5, 2021

@MireilleS Can you please explain where this option can be found?

I can just change the Public Name and the Account Name in the atlassian-profile-options but nothing regarding the abbreviation....

Same Problem in the Trello-Profile-Options. Just possible to change the username but no option for the abbreviation. :(

Thanks!

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2019

@MireilleS in addition to the suggestion from @Jodi LeBlanc for people who don't like having their photos (which happens from time to time), you can also put emoji as the abbreviation.

So they can be 🥳 for example :)

0 votes
MireilleS March 21, 2019

Is there a way to change RW into Rick or something else?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events