Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

each employee to only see their own cards

Caio Henrique Thomé Calanca September 21, 2023

Good morning, I have a question

today our company with 16 members we are using trello for our operation. However, we ran into a problem

To explain further, we are an investment office, and each employee has their own clients

We would like a way to have just 1 board for all employees, but we'd like a way for each employee to only see their own cards

and that the team manager can see all the cards of all employees.

We didn't find this functionality in Trello, could you tell me if it's possible ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2023

Hi @Caio Henrique Thomé Calanca ! 

I think you should be able to achieve this by assigning each employee to the cards they are responsible for. And then when each employee views the board within Trello, have them filter the board by "Cards assigned to me" to only see their own cards. 

Does this look like it will solve your problem? 

Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 8.11.15 AM.png

Hi Andrea, how are you?

Thanks for the answer. We saw that this is possible, but if the employee wants, he can remove this filter and see all the other people's customers.

If one day he enters a competitor's office, nothing will stop him from writing down the contact details of these clients and trying to contact them to steal from our office.

If there was some way to prohibit employees from disabling this filter, it would be very interesting for us

Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2023

Thank you for sharing more context - I understand your use case now. I don't believe there is a way to achieve what you're looking for with a single board. However, I wonder if the following setup would work for you: 

- Create a separate board for each employee that is private, so they can only see their own work

- The team manager could use the Workspace table view to see work across all employees' boards and cards

It's not exactly what you're looking for, but sounds more similar to what you need.

ahh yes that's cool, I didn't know about this option

I saw that to use this tool we would need the paid version of trello

But then I have a question, would all employees who would have their board integrated into the table view have to have the premium subscription or does only the person who will access the table need it?

Because if everyone needed it, it would be unfeasible, it would be a very high value for the company

Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
September 21, 2023

@Caio Henrique Thomé Calanca as long as each employee is only a member of one board within the paid workspace, then only the team manager/person accessing the table view would need a Premium subscription. Hopefully this page will help clarify how billing works. https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/how-billing-works-with-trello-premium-and-standard/

We do offer a free trial of Premium so you can give it a test drive and see if this flow would work for you. 

Let me know if I can answer any additional questions!

I understood and could you tell me how much I would pay for each person who accesses the table view? Is it the same value for everyone?

Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
September 21, 2023

Each person who accesses the table would need a Premium subscription at $10 per month (when billed annually, or $12.50 per month if you pay monthly). 

Entendi, só isso então. Obrigado

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events