Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dual emails

Melissa Burwood
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 24, 2022

At one point last year we had to use our personal email addresses for work due to unfortunate circumstances. All of our programs and emails have since been restored back to our work base. When we first got back on line at work I was still receiving the emails to both my home email and work email so we found and deleted that home email account from the work account. Up until about 2 weeks ago this worked fine and then I started receiving emails again from Trello at my work email and also my home email even though that one had been disabled and deleted from the system. I seem to be the only one with this issue at work. Is there some setting that can disable these emails? I searched all aspects of Trello and can not find that home email address anywhere in any settings. I am not sure where to go from here. 

1 answer

1 vote
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2022

All of our accounts only have one email address connected to them as far as I know.  So either you have two accounts or something outside of Trello (like a gmail filter or other thing) is forwarding your emails. If you are receiving the same exact email you can look at the mail headers to figure out why but if it’s exactly the same that isn’t likely to be a Trello thing. 

Melissa Burwood
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 24, 2022

they are being sent to both email accounts separately - also it is not every email - only some.  I have tried to find where that email address is located in the work account and can't find it anywhere. I also tried to log in using that email so i could delete it and i was not allowed to - it said i was already logged in (via the work email) as they are the same account. There should be no forwarding of them. We had to temporarily switch emails for about a month. Mine is now looking at both emails again and i cant find where it is accessing the temporary email we disabled and deleted last year.

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2022

To debug further I would look at the emails that are going to both. Are they on the same board? Maybe there is another account on that board with your other email? Or maybe the filter in gmail/outlook that is forwarding the email only does it for certain emails. 

I’m pretty sure you can’t have more than one email per account. We moved away from that years ago (but there’s a possibility you are still part of a small population of users that has that - this would probably only be Enterprise users) 

I would try logging in via an incognito or private window in your browser to avoid the message about you already being logged in. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events