Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert full checklist to list of cards

Nir Melamoud April 23, 2020

hi, I have a checklist that is basically links, I want each link to be a card in a new list, - the checklist is too large to be managed, 

any way to do this, not one by one ?

even if there is a way to export the list to excel, than import the excel to cards ?

thanks

1 answer

2 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2020

@Nir Melamoud you could do this with a Butler card button:

2020-04-24 at 9.28 am.pngAlso note that you can check off items on the parent card when the child card is archived, you can see an example of this in the following article I wrote on how to sub-task with Butler:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Trello-Subtasks-with-Butler/ba-p/1060392

Esther Groenestein
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 24, 2020

That looks very useful thanks! 

Nir Melamoud April 24, 2020

not clear to me how to create the button that have this "for each item in the checklist" could not find such action on butler .

i can see an action that will run when I add an item to checklist but that does not help me since the list already exist 

can you show me where ?

Nir Melamoud April 24, 2020

I found it, it did not work -

1. It converted only 10 items out of many more - why ?

2. it copy the full checklist item text to the title of the card, and the format of [name](link) does not work in title (does not show as a title and a link, can this be fixed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events