Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When working multiple boards/projects at once, is there a way to assign a status per BOARD?

Dana Lind April 12, 2019

Trying to determine a way to be able to quickly identify which projects/boards require priority via quick visual identification.  I thought of using the background colors and creating my own key for what each color represents, but does anyone know if there's another way to assign an actual status to an entire board that can be viewed when viewing all boards?

Thank you in advance for any insight you can provide.  

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2019

@Dana Lind my typical setup for project based businesses is to have a "board of boards"; that is, a board where each card is linked to a board:

https://blog.trello.com/related-cards-related-boards

This means you can store "meta" information about those boards, on the cards they're linked to and see them at a glance (labels, lists, checklists etc.)

If you add in some API automation, this can really shine: for example, every day at 5am create a checklist on each card with an item linked to each of the cards in the "Doing" list on its linked board. If you check off one of those items, move the corresponding card to the "Done" list in its board, and correspondingly when you move a card to the list "Done" mark the corresponding checklist item complete. The possibilities are endless :)

This is the type of thing you can do with the Butler power up, however in that case you would need to enable the power up and rules for each of these new boards you create.

You can also use Trellinator which allows you to add each of these new boards into a "global command group" so they would all inherit the same behaviour.

This "board of boards" approach is more or less the exact scenario I outline in the introduction to Trellinator article here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events