Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the difference between the new workspace and the old teams?

Bob Hernon May 27, 2021

What exactly changed with the Workspace?  I've been using Teams for years without any problems.

In fact Teams have worked so well I don't even know (and I don't actually care to know) what the features or limits are per subscription level.  I'd hope when I wake up on June 11th everything will work the same and references to "Team" will now say "Workspace". (wishful thinking?)

All the other topics cover too many minutia about doing different things. Since I don't want to do anything different, I only need to know what will break or change if I do nothing and let Atlassian convert all the back end data to support the new paradigm.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

@Bob Hernon they're exactly the same, the biggest difference is that boards must now belong to a workspace and all boards that were personal will be mandatorily added to a default workspace.

Bob Hernon May 28, 2021

Thank you Iain, that's helpful. I'll set up a private workspace and move my non-team boards into it so it matches my way of thinking. 

Dennis D June 6, 2021

I guess I am stupid. I saw the notice that we are changing to workspaces. My concern was exactly the question poised here - I have no need nor desire to change my setup, it works great as is. So what is a workspace, what must I change, what is my benefit, what breaks. This comment basically says a workspace is team -  which maybe I created/named years and years ago who knows - they are just changing the name - to confuse everyone I guess.

So is a "workspace" just a new name for a "team" which we maybe already have and probably can find out somehow? If it is exactly the same as "team" why in the world are we going through the contortions of changing the name?

Is some action required to maintain my boards and cards and such? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events