Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We need a solution to a repeat task management issue

Swipe Up
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 25, 2019

Issue: Headache trying to remember/organise repetitive tasks over a long period of time for our clients. Our clients receive monthly deliverables that are received each week. Each 4 weeks then repeats itself.

Ideal Solution: A repetitive task manager or add on where I can schedule multiple versions of the same tasks to automatically be created each week between 2 dates. Easily be able to visually view the entire scheduled time frame (Months, year/s). We have multiple clients so the ability to have a hierarchy folder/tag that can switch on & off visually so you can focus on the single clients schedule. Ideally be able to share & add client to also be able to view.

We have tried the Trello repeat option however its not very user friendly - if the card is deleted the whole repeat action is deleted & we cant visually view a timetable style layout. 

3 answers

0 votes
Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2019

Hello @Swipe Up !

You could most likely use Butler for this! You can tell it to create cards on a schedule, and the cards can have checklists, custom fields, etc. 

If the "between two dates" means having a start and end date for the card, you could pair Butler up with Planyway. That Power-Up lets you have start and end dates and has its own calendar that shows cards across multiple dates.

If you can share a bit more about your specific setup, I'm happy to help you get started with some actual Butler Commands and such!

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2019

Hi Eden,

I use the Card Repeat PowerUp all the time however, as far as I know it's the only way to repeat cards. I agree, if the card is delete then it won't repeat.

To get around this, I have a specific list that only has my repeating cards (basically so they're all in one place), so that I make sure they don't disappear by accident!

I don't know if that helps at all?

Esme :)

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2019

I have not used it but have heard of others using the Card Repeater powerup.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events