Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We found a comment under my name on a card, but I didn't post it. How can that happen?

Natalia Baute June 21, 2023

Hi,

I'm writing because we found a comment I supposedly posted on a card copying the content on the description, but it wasn't actively me, and it was posted at night when I wasn't even using Trello.

I thought maybe the Butler did it on my behalf by mistake but went through all the rules and it doesn't seem to be the case. When revising the activity of the board, it does look like I actually posted it myself.

We have automated emails coming into the board, and some automated rules, but this has only happened on one of the cards.

Can that somehow happen by mistake? I find it really strange.

Thanks for your help!

1 answer

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2023

There are 2 theories I can think of...

1) It was an automation and you can rule this in or out by looking next to the comment...

You can know for sure if Butler did it because it'll say next to your name.  Do you have that?

Screenshot 2023-06-22 090839.png

2) Do you use the Trello app?  If it was done on the app and the app didn't sync for some reason (no internet connection), it may have synced while you were sleeping.

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2023

Option 3 of course is that you love Trello so much you Trello in your sleep 🤣

Natalia Baute June 26, 2023

Hahaha, thank you! None of these apply which is why I find it so weird! It hasn't happened again though, so maybe some error. Thanks for your help!

Sydney Battle November 2, 2023

I am having the same issue and my problem is with option 1. I set up a rule to leave a comment when someone checks an item on a checklist, but for some reason it is commenting on the card as me no matter who checks the item off. Is there a way to correct this?Screenshot 2023-11-02 124245.pngScreenshot 2023-11-02 124137.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events