Wanting to remove auto-watch feature on due date changes

Catie Andrus March 19, 2019

I have read some posts saying that trello is watching for discussion to see what the general consensus is on the auto-watch feature before they make any changes.

I find it highly annoying that there is no way to turn it off. I feel like you should have an option to disable it without having to de-watch every single card you change the due date on.

This feature might be fine for some people but for the people that do not want it, they should have the option to opt out of this function.

How many of you feel the same way I do?

4 answers

1 vote
mxk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2019

Hi @Catie Andrus and all, thanks for the comments. As @Brittany Joiner suggested, the auto-watch for due date feature is to make sure cards with due dates don't slip through the cracks. You may know this; at one point we tested auto-watch for all cards created, and that seemed way too noisy (we turned that off after a few days). This due date version of auto-watch seems like a better balance but we know it still isn't ideal for some users. We will continue to try and improve the behavior, as well as other behavior surrounding due dates. Please stay tuned for more updates!

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2019

@Catie Andrus this experiment is still running for some users, your feedback has been passed onto the Trello team via this thread, thanks for commenting. I for one hope they don't roll this feature out!!

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2019

@Catie Andrus I think this is an experiment the team were running, I'm surprised it's still running for some, I'll check why and get back to you

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 19, 2019

Not sure I understand the issue? I don't believe I have auto-watch when I add a due date to a card. Are you talking about getting notifications for the due date? If so, I actually find that really helpful because I typically add a due date because I want Trello to remind me about a date.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events