Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable for the Location Power Up?

Hal Atkins August 3, 2020

Was wondering if there is a variable that can contain the information its the Location Power Up? We'd like to use that in a report.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2020

@Hal Atkins Do you mean Map? I investigate it a bit when looking at using it to show to and from locations. I seem to be able to have 1 location per card. Changing the location fields via a program does not change the map. The location data can be access but not with some development. I can probably expose it the same way I did for custom fields. See my demo https://youtu.be/YsOEdbsdgn0

I ran out on my Butler quota so I would not be able to demonstrate it like I did above. It would be a good Butler Add on. 

Update: something must have changed since i las work in maps. The plugin data for location appears to be now hidden. 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2020

@milynnus yep, can confirm that pluginData is returning nothing for Map

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2020

@Iain Dooley Tested this morning and I could not find the pluginData. I used to be able to get it via a simple card.plugin_data using py-trello. This was our conversation on the same subject. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/API-for-Map-Power-Up/qaq-p/1393572

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2020

Information still via webhook with trigger on the platform I am using. Using webhook, you can get the initial coordinates and also name and coordinate changes

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 7.55.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 8.10.30 PM.png

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2020
[{'id': '........', 'data': {'old': {'coordinates': {'latitude': 1.2988889, 'longitude': 103.8555556}}, 'card': {'coordinates': {'latitude': 1.3196178, 'longitude': 103.865015}, ......... 'data': {'old': {'address': '200 Victoria St, Singapore 188021'}, 'card': {'address': '994 Bendemeer Rd, Singapore 339943', ..........

Here's from using 

`card.fetch_actions(action_filter='updateCard', since=None, before=None, action_limit=50)` 

Hal Atkins August 4, 2020

Fetching the address is really helpful, if that is possible in a Butler rule.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2020

@Hal Atkins  Since pluginData is not available you will need to have a different way of exposing the location information. Based on the above, the first step is to get a webhook or trigger program to extract the information and update some custom fields on the card. Set it up such that it can also handle changes after the initial setup. Once you have them on custom fields you can use it in Butler. There is a limitation in using lookup cards for custom field. You might need to use an add on that I have. See video below. 
https://youtu.be/YsOEdbsdgn0 

let’s get connected should you want to work through this. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events