Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Butler to make new cards for each item in a tasklist

James Bjerkholt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 4, 2019

Butler was just made available to non-enterprise accounts, but did the interface and functionality change as part of this transition? This recent article describes how Butler can be used to generate new cards based on elements in a tasklist: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Trello-Subtasks-with-Butler/ba-p/1060392 I'm a total newbie to Trello, and I'm just not finding a way to do the same thing in Butler today - the interface offers "Select an action" with a number of preset options (none of which seem to involve generation new cards), and nowhere to enter a script (like in the article). Is there something I am not getting?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jireh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2019

Hi James,

That Butler action is in the "Cascade" tab of the card button command creation builder. I think the "script" you're referring to are Butler variables (https://help.butlerfortrello.com/article/27-variables).

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 3.37.56 PM.pngTo open the "in list" option of that action, you need to click on the 1st button that looks like several horizontal lines.

Let me know if you need any help creating this command.

James Bjerkholt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 6, 2019

Thank you so much, Jireh - this cleared things up for me. I was mistakenly trying to make a board button instead of a card button - so Cascade was not available. Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events