• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unable to choose board with Quick Add global shortcut

Hi all,

I installed the Trello Desktop app for Mac. I logged in and could see all the boards I'm member of.

I wanted to try the Quick Add global shortcut (actually the main purpose to use the desktop app). The dialog appears, but the drop-down list in "Board" only has one board, and it's not the one I want to add a card to. I can't choose any other board.

Looks like a bug to me: the app does see all my boards, so I don't see a reason why that specific board is the only one available to Quick-Add a card to.

Thanks for any help!

2 answers

0 votes
Cody C_ Atlassian Team Feb 11, 2021

I gave it a try in the most recent version of the desktop app, and I'm seeing my full list of boards so there may be something else that's amiss. 

My first suggestion would be to create a new board and add yourself as a member, then quit the app and reopen it to see if it shows that new board for you. If it does, try adding and removing yourself from other boards to see if they show up.

If not, don't hesitate to get in touch with us through our contact form here and we can help troubleshoot further with you: https://trello.com/contact

In the end I solved by leaving all the boards except the relevant one (those were old boards anyway). That was enough to finally see my board in the Add Card dropdown list.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Introducing: A Whole New Trello

After a decade of growing the most ubiquitous visual framework for productivity and project management, we are evolving Trello’s boards, lists, and cards model to bring context to content and help te...

571 views 23 21
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you