Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typing in comments box

Robyn Schumer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 18, 2024

After the latest update you now have to double click in the comments box before it starts to type.

Also, the cursor has been jumping to other places on a card randomly when trying to type in a comment e.g jumping to the header and if you aren't watching will delete the original comment, jump straight to the members button VERY painful.

Anyone else had the same issues?

5 answers

2 votes
Tymek March 19, 2024

I confirm I also have this issue, certainly a bug.

1 vote
Oliver Razpotnik
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 19, 2024

I'm having the same issues. It results in me accidentally making changes to the cards using keyboard shortcuts, like archiving or changing members, if I forget. Using latest Chrome 122.

0 votes
Blair at Atlassian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2024

Hi everyone! Blair here from Trello Support. Thank you all for sharing your experience -- this was, indeed, a bug! We've shipped a fix for it yesterday (March 20) and this should be resolved now. If you run into any other issues with adding comments, please get in touch with us either on this thread or via https://trello.com/contact.

Thanks!

0 votes
Lee Houghton
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 20, 2024

We are having the same issues. 

0 votes
LennartR
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 20, 2024

Same for me. I accidentaly changed a card's title to what I was typing as a comment, assigned the card to me, and archived it. Very painful indeed. 

If not a bug then a very poor design decision. 

Also on Chrome 122.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events