Trying to use butler to create a Jira ticket from a Trello card

Jérome Sicart December 31, 2020

Hi, I'm following the walkthrough proposed here: https://blog.trello.com/butler-automations-for-slack-jira to create a card button that will create a Jira ticket automatically from a Trello card.

I need to populate automatically in the Jira ticket:

- the title from the Trello card

- the description from the Trello card

- the Trello card link

However in Butler when I use {cardname} for the title, and {carddescription} {cardlink} for the project, I got this error: doesn't seem to be a valid JIRA link or key.

Any idea ?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2020
Jérome Sicart December 31, 2020

Thank you!

Like Vero Rivas likes this
0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2020

Hi @Jérome Sicart did you manage to achieve this with Butler? Unito should be able to achieve what you want as well. You can connect boards to Jira projects and choose which cards you want to sync over, along with which fields you want to map. It's a bidirectional sync as well if you needed certain info synced back to Trello (like comments, status changes etc.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events