Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello vs Jira security

Trine Lundholm February 27, 2018

Hi,

Does Trello and Jira tool offer the same security level and conditions when using the paid versions?

Thanks

Trine

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2018

Free, Trial and paid versions are no different in functionality.

0 votes
Trine Lundholm March 1, 2018

Thanks Nic

I was more thinking about the level of security when using sensitive data in a business context - are there any differences here between using Trello vs using Jira? 

My guess it, that since both tools are owned by Atlassian, they are probably using the same datacenter, offer same security conditions etc.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2018

You'd think that, but no.

Trello was acquired by Atlassian, and is very different from the rest of their stack (it is converging in some ways, but I doubt it will ever end up with the same model as Jira).

The main Atlassian applications come in two flavours - Server you run yourself, and Cloud which Atlassian hosts for you.  The others are either Server OR Cloud (Stride for example is Cloud only, but Fisheye is Server only).

Trello is Cloud by that description, but actually runs mainly on the stuff Atlassian acquired from Trello, rather than as a Cloud service in the same sense as the rest of their Cloud.

Trine Lundholm March 2, 2018

aha! Thanks Nic

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events