Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello is not recognizing me as admin in Atlassian account and can't view boards

Clare Hare June 8, 2022

Just shows condensed version of Board although I am an admin

1 answer

0 votes
Sal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2022

Hey Clare,

How are you going? I hope you're doing alright today, and welcome to the Atlassian community!

From what you've mentioned, there are a lot of possibilities that could cause these problems. For example, if you used to access Board A, and you were an admin of this board with someone else, this person could have removed you as an admin of the board. That could cause you to see less information on the board if it's a public board. On private boards, you couldn't even be able to access once your access is revoked.

Another possibility could be that visibility permission on this board was changed by another admin or the Workspace admin. And this can happen when a board admin or a Workspace admin wants to apply security measures to protect the content by limiting what people can and can't do on the board.

A small note is that on free Workspaces, all members (including board members) are the board and Workspace admins. This can help some people achieve their goals and share their work with someone else. But on the other hand, this can bring security concerns since everyone is an admin. And if someone is willing to cause any harm to your board, steal its content, or have any malicious intent, they can do it since they have the same permission level as everyone else.

This note gave you a quick overview of how free Workspaces work and the advantages and disadvantages of having one. Now, if the board you're looking for is the only one you have on your Workspace. But you're still unable to see its content, even being its admin. Then, I'd suggest you contact us directly on Trello Support. That way, we can follow up with you about this matter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events