Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello and the Right To Be Forgotten

Federico Razzoli March 20, 2019

I don't have anymore access to the email I used to register Trello, as it belonged to a company and I don't work for them anymore. I need to delete that account.

Trello support answer that, if I don't have access to that mail, they cannot help me in any way. Now, I have several doubts on this answer...

• I've had the same problem with Quora, and they solved the problem in less than 1 day. The verification method was obvious: they asked me to do something that only the account owner could do, to prove my identity.
  • I am a European citizen and their answer seems to me an open violation of the GDPR, and in particular the so-called right to be forgotten.
  • They could have at least try to contact that email address, or ask me if I wished them to do so, before considering the ticket closed.

So, to recap, I believe that their answer is not valid and deleting that account is within my legal and moral rights.

Did anyone have similar problems with Trello? If so, how did you solve them?

1 answer

0 votes
PsyCat Studios October 27, 2021

i have the same issue here, there's an old trello account i'm unable to access because i deleted my old gmail, i've tried to contact them for years, even claiming my right to be forgotten and have my data deleted from their services... don't get me wrong, i want to use trello again, but i don't feel OK with opening this new account, while my old account has everything open to the public, including my name and my cards, which were supposed to be private back then =_='

i need help with this... i can't even re-create my old gmail in order to access that account, but I CAN PROOVE that who is talking here is actually me, i can send video, pictures, my ID, whatever the heck they need, i just want to exersise my right to be forgotten, and trello doesn't seems to be complying with my rights here.

A simple email should not be the only way to confirm my identity, in fact, I dare say that this is quite counterproductive in terms of what cybersecurity and vulnerabilities implies, what would happen if someone hacks my email (basically why i deleted it)? I totally lose access to my trello account with no way to erase my data by prooving though other more legit ways who i am? I'm sure you guys are much better than that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events