Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello account transfer

Olivia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 12, 2023

Hi there,

Our ex-admin lady set us up on Trello. She has resigned and we are trying to transfer account holder rights to us. 

Is there a way to do this? So far, I have removed her email access under members. 

She is still present under "Guests" and can still view our Trello work cards. How do we remove this?

2 answers

0 votes
Olivia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 14, 2023

Is the ex-admin a Board admin then? If no, who is?

Can we transfer the Board admin to another person?

Felipe Marques Noll
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2023

Hi Olivia, I hope you're doing well!

We will need more information to investigate your case. So, I will open a Ticket in our Trello support for you and we can share information through the ticket.

See you soon :)

Felipe Noll

0 votes
Felipe Marques Noll
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2023

Hi Olivia! Welcome to the community!

Being the Workspace admin will give you the permission to remove a member or a guest, but since the guest is a member of a board where the Workspace admin is not a Board admin, removing the user from the guest list won’t take effect because the user will remain a member of a board, hence will reappear on the guest list again. To sum up, only a Board admin is capable of removing Board members.

So, in this case, you can upgrade your team to Trello Premium, which adds several features to make managing teams a bit easier, including the ability for Workspace administrators to take control of all boards in the Workspace. You can sign up for the Premium free trial here: https://trello.com/free-trial and you'll be able to remove this member.

I hope this information helps!

Felipe Noll

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events