Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello / Welcome email integration

Gleth April 5, 2023

Hello, I am trying to achieve something quite specific and thought maybe someone here has experience with this.

I greet my new customers automatically with a welcome email. This welcome email includes a button which directs them to their trello board where they can organise their tasks. However I would want to have one board per customer. Knowing the email format is automatic and always sends the same information, how could i send a unique board link to each new customer automatically to avoid all customers joining the same board?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renato Fagaraz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2023

Hi, Gleth! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

For your specific case, looks like you could make use of Trello's API to create a new board for each client and retrieve the unique board link to include in the automated welcome email.

Here's a brief outline of the process:

1. Set up a system to trigger the Trello API when a new customer signs up.
  2. Use the Trello API to create a new board for the customer (one board per customer).
  3. Retrieve the unique board link for the newly created board.
  4. Include the unique board link in the button of the automated welcome email sent to the new customer. 

The following page includes instructions on making an API call to create a new board: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/trello/rest/api-group-boards/#api-boards-post

Hopefully, this helps you find what you need to make that work! If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Also, if you're delving into Trello's API, maybe the Atlassian Developer Community can help you as well!

Have a great one!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events