Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello-Slack integration (boards vs channels)

Natalja Panina
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 23, 2019

Hello all, I have two questions on Trello-Slack integration.

We are a small team of colleagues using both: Trello to tracking our personal tasks (on personal boards) and some joint projects (with dedicated project boards) anв Slack for discussions mainly.

Question #1:
Can I link more than one board for the channel and add tasks to different boards in Trello using one Slack channel? Example: we have 5 personal boards for small tasks (to track thema тв create monthly reporting). We have onу channel for discussion of all ongoing small-sized activities not related particularly to the projects (ie. some reminders, internal requests, etc.). So if I need to assign two different tasks to two boards in this channel - do I have this option? Or I need to create personal channels for everyone or just forgive it and create tasks as usual in Trello?

Question #2:
I couldn't find the exact command. Can I add comments to the task using slack?

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2019

Hi Natalja,

I'm afraid it's only possible to link one board per channel in Slack. You can always search for cards from all boards and expand card links from all boards, but in order to add a card, you need to link a specific board. You can change which board is linked whenever you need to, but you can only link one board at any given time.

You can add a comment to the last card shown by the Trello Slack bot, or added through /trello add by using /trello comment [comment text]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events