cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello Job Board Search Option

Jason Adams
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 1, 2024

Hello everyone,

I have been using Trello for some time now and it is working great for my one-person business and keeping in communication with my clients. 

When I make a Card under a list I would enter information into the list like a USPS tracking number. In the beginning I could highlight that tracking number and then four options would pop up. The bottom two options are search (maybe AI) and then above that is the copy symbol (hollow rectangle). 

So I would randomly check to see if clients shipped their packages to me by highlighting them with my mouse, those options would pop up, and I would click the bottom one (magnifier/search symbol). A pop-up box on the right side of the webpage would open and it would automatically do a search and show me the status of the tracking number. 

Recently that has stopped, and I get these error messages now. Is there a solution for this? because now I have to open a separate screen, highlight, copy, past, and do the searches in a much more time-consumingScreenshot 2024-07-01 192934.pngScreenshot 2024-07-01 192959.jpg fashion. 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2024

Hi @Jason Adams 

The right click menu is browser dependent, it looks like you use Edge.  This is not something managed or supported by Trello.

Have you checked out Package Tracker power-up?

This can put live tracking data right in your Trello card and is free.

Jason Adams
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 2, 2024

thank you mike. I will surely check out the package tracker power up. 

I understand now it is not supported. I tried to do the same thing in chrome but those four popup options when you highlight it do not show. even when you right click. But when you do it in edge it comes up the minute you highlight the tracking number. at one point it was working like that on Edge. 

But I like easier and your suggestion is much easier than the way I was doing it. Thank you so much for the information. It was great advice and wisdom with this software.

Jason Adams
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 2, 2024

Hello Mike, 

Jason again. Ha-ha. So I absolutely love that power up you shared. I was reading all of its features and there are somethings they described it does but it is not doing it on my end. Maybe its because I am on the free version of Trello.

1. They described it as showing a small date on the front of the card with the status of the package. I do not get that on the front of my cards. I do have the status with some detailed information on the back of the card when you open it. 

2. They also described the power-up as autodetecting when you enter a shipping information of what carrier it is using by the actual tracking number. It also does not autodetect this information. 

I was just asking in case there was an update maybe I am missing. I started to use Trello on Chrome now. 

Jason Adams
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 2, 2024

Package Tracker back of card with status visible.jpgPackage tracker front card no status.jpg

Jason Adams
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 2, 2024

all four of those jobs have the package tracker activated and running in the back of the card but I get nothing on the front of the card...

I have looked through settings, cover options, etc. I do not see anything that would indicate showing that. Shippo description explains it and so does trello under the explanation of use that Trello provides that these things are automatic. 

I was thinking maybe its because all of those other four items are taking up the space? But I didnt request for those to be shown and truthfully do not know how to remove them. 

TYIA

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2024

Hi @Jason Adams 

The power-up is dependent on the API that Trello uses to grab the information and does differ depending on the carrier.  So the auto-detect will work for carriers like Fed-Ex and DHL but perhaps not USPS.  Likewise the display on the card front.  I tested it with a UPS tracking no. and it showed on the card front...

Screenshot 2024-07-02 13.28.50.png

Can you try adding a USPS tracking number of an item that has been delivered and see if it shows up on the card front?   

Jason Adams
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 2, 2024

I added package tracker to a delivery already shipped. It did show the status on the front of the card. 

Jason Adams
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 2, 2024

so for a delivered package the status did show on the front of the card. 

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2024

Yes, so I think you'll find it is very much carrier dependent but I think it is a good solution compared to the one you had before.  I also think that you will find that as soon as it moves to "In Transit", that will be visible on the card front...

Like Jason Adams likes this
0 votes
Jason Adams
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 2, 2024

package tracker trello delivered status visible.jpg

0 votes
Jason Adams
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 2, 2024

I added the package tracker to a delivered package and it shows the status on the front.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events