Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello Enterprise License for Observers/Board Guests

Ganesh Babu
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2021

Hello Team,

I have couple of queries can you please help me to address them.

• As how we can control the invite of a user to the board under the enterprise workspace?
    • Adding a user who is not a part of the workspace will be added as a board guest & if that user is been added to two or more enterprise workspace then he will be billed as a normal user? How to avoid this? Is their a notification sent to the enterprise admin on this?
    • And also if we have enforced the SAML SSO will that be user still able to access the enterprise boards even if he is not granted the license?
  • And will a observer also be licensed if added to multiple boards?  Can you please help me understand on the billing license model

1 answer

1 vote
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2021

@Ganesh Babu I believe in the past when I've tried to add someone to their second board, I get a notification before I do it that it would move them to a multiboard member. 

You can set boards to a public view and then anyone can see it whether they're logged in to trello or not, but I believe the SAML piece doesn't impact that. 

@Dan Ivory _Orah Apps_ made this video that explains some pieces of the pricing and how it works, might be helpful for you: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-discussions/What-to-do-after-Trello-Gold-some-pros-and-cons-explained/td-p/1788047

Ganesh Babu
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2021

@Brittany Joiner , How it work for the Enterprise Subscription is their any restriction that can be imposed?

Dan Ivory
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 30, 2021

Hey @Ganesh Babu

This page (https://help.trello.com/article/1078-enterprise-admin-dashboard) might help and I found a screenshot that has some permissions settings for Enterprise Admins. So you can restrict who can be added to boards. Eg if you make it so only workspace members can be added to a board, then I think this should prevent members from adding guests (that could then end up being added to your billed plan). 

Trello Enterprise member permissions.png

Hope that helps,
Dan

PS thanks for sharing the video @Brittany Joiner !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events