Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello Business Class - What users can copy a board?

Kim Conger March 19, 2018

I would like to share a Trello board with others and allow them to copy but not edit the board. Can this be done? And can it be done without making the board public?

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2018

Hey Kim,

In order for a user to not be able to edit a board, they need to be added to the board as an observer. Observer is a Business Class feature.  Any observer on the board can view only, and will be able to copy the board.

If a board is public, any user with a link will be able to copy the board.

If a board is not public, and you're not a Business Class user (to add observers), then the user needs to be added to the board in order to make a copy. This will, however, give them access to edit the board.

Kim Conger March 22, 2018

Perfect - thanks so much!

Spiro April 13, 2023

So, if a board is not public, I'm not a business class user, and I add a user to a board, I would like for them to be able to make any kind of changes to the board (lists and cards), but I dont want them to be able to copy the board to their account. Is this possible?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events