Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello App on apple

Phill Eulenstein February 12, 2023

Hi

Why do my staff not get a Starred list on there trello app on there apple phones.

When i add a star it has a yellow star, Why does my staff only get a blue dot?

The list of starred items will be scattered amongst the list in alphabetical order, On my app being admin i can see the starred items bundled together. is there some setting we need to change to get this happening

1 answer

0 votes
Nathan Smith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2023

Hey @Phill Eulenstein 

Starred boards are specific to your account so only you will see that the boards have been starred, this is so that each person can individually star the boards that're important to them regardless of which boards are starred by other people.

The blue dot your staff are seeing is there to show that there's notifications for that particular board.

Phill Eulenstein February 14, 2023

Hi

thanks for the reply.

Well that's annoying! as i edit the boards and put them in order of preference, is there a way of setup to make them show in my staff app in order of preference

currently using standard

I guess that maybe trello would like me to buy the premium so that i can group the boards, will grouping sort this issue out?

Nathan Smith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2023

Hey @Phill Eulenstein 

Right now in our mobile app boards in workspaces are sorted alphabetically so if you're wanting to sort the boards for everyone you could rename them or add numbers/letters to the start of the names so they're reordered by the sorting.

I'll also pass your interest in manually reordering them onto our team for consideration.

Phill Eulenstein February 14, 2023

thanks

my idea is that when i add a star it is starred for everyone, and when i put the STARRED boards in order from most priority to least priority then the same happen for my staff on there app in the starred list.

Lam
Atlassian Team
February 15, 2023

Hi @Phill Eulenstein - It sounds to me like there may be some syncing problems at play here. If you could share a screenshot of what you see in Trello vs what your colleagues are seeing that would be great. I would recommend raising new support ticket with us to send through the screenshots to avoid sharing any sensitive data. As you have a paid subscription you can contact us via this form: https://trello.com/contact

Phill Eulenstein February 16, 2023

Hi thanks for the info, the link to the form just takes me a page that I’ve seen many times but couldn’t see a direct email or contact page..

First 3 screen shots are on my phone. I am admin. “PE”

# Starred boards come up grouped in starred list with large icons 

# recent boards

# boards in alphabetical order which is great

Last 3 screen shots, My employee  “AR”

Honestly the only difference is the “starred boards” group that is the difference 

I would like my employees to have the same starred boards group that I have, so they can see that the grouped starred boards are priority at a glance. 

I think it’s great they can star boards of there own.. maybe this needs to be a different colour star to easily  decipher 

Phill Eulenstein February 17, 2023

Hello I did attach some screen shots. did you see them?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events