cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello API returning HTTP 403 CloudFront errors

Board Genius February 7, 2024

Trying to access https://api.trello.com/1/members/me/boardStars

```
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<TITLE>ERROR: The request could not be satisfied</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>403 ERROR</H1>
<H2>The request could not be satisfied.</H2>
<HR noshade size="1px">
Bad request.
We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
<BR clear="all">
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.
<BR clear="all">
<HR noshade size="1px">
<PRE>
Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: sb4hE3E_eC-tX-b_7bwFw9XR2y5ZR6oG5AiMkJCyNQoIelvGHdWKCg==
</PRE>
<ADDRESS>
</ADDRESS>
</BODY></HTML> at https://api.trello.com/1/members/me/boardStars (HTTP status: 403)
```

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Board Genius February 7, 2024

Still seeing this (for the last 7 hours) when accessing the API via OAuth tokens. API tokens in the URL don't seem to cause the same issue.

Adrian Basson February 8, 2024

Hey man, you still having this issue? Been the same on our side too!

Like # people like this
Board Genius February 8, 2024

Yes, still ongoing. Atlassian support downgraded the fix priority since it's not widespread.

Support got back to me and said the issue should be resolved

Dawid Zdrojewski February 8, 2024

I can confirm that now it works like a snap. Thanks for the info.

Like Tatsuya Otoshi likes this
megamaz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 21, 2024

Just started getting this issue today. Is this a server or client error? Is there anything I should do? Since it's a 403 I assumed it was a client error and redid my tokens but that didn't fix it. 

Board Genius February 21, 2024

It's a server error. Best thing you can do is reach out to Atlassian support and urge them to take a look.

Walid
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 22, 2024

Also having this issue.

EDIT: this was the issue for me https://developer.atlassian.com/changelog/#CHANGE-1459

Like Gene likes this
tzsebe February 22, 2024

They just got back to me on the bug, with that same link.

I use Py-Trello, and I can see there's a PR in the works to address this.

So.... does Atlassian think it's acceptable to make backwards-incompatible changes without at least several months of notice? This isn't a good look.

I thought maybe I missed a notice due to not being signed up for some API notice list, but since the Py-Trello maintainers were clearly caught off-guard as well, I'm left to assume they just kind of cowboyed out a breaking change.

Like # people like this
Entrepositive March 13, 2024

Oh man.. our creds were being rejected. I think it's also 403 but a slightly different error code. Thought I fixed it last week but it flared up again today... not fun.

megamaz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 14, 2024

Same, the error returned. I tried updating py-trello by doing "py -m pip install --upgrade py-trello" but I'm still getting it, and it says I'm on latest.

python 3.11.0, py-trello 0.19.0. 

tzsebe March 14, 2024

I don't think they've gotten around to merging the fix. I figured they wouldn't. Luckily, the change is easy to patch. I pretty much just found where the library is installed (from python console, import trello, and just display trello.__file__), and manually updated the few relevant lines of code.

Adrian Basson March 14, 2024

There is a pull request (think it's still there?) with the fix. It's just because they no longer allow a body in the get and the original py-trello library was passing through an empty body but still considered a body. The fix for it is to update to the pull request that is waiting to go into the main branch.

https://github.com/sarumont/py-trello/pull/374

As mentioned in their comments there are probably other ways to fix it but this worked for me after Trello updated the get calls.

2 votes
Anton Solodkov February 22, 2024

Good day, I have the same problem since yesterday, how to solve it?

Weiming Chen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 22, 2024

same here. it was working the day before

Like Anton Solodkov likes this

yes, everything was working literally yesterday.. how to fix it?

Dawid Zdrojewski February 22, 2024

I guess you have to wait until they fix it :(

tzsebe February 22, 2024

Looks like it's been like this all night (was broken last night too).

It's scary to think that "an API outage" isn't being picked up by their monitoring and paging their onduty. Or more likely, they don't have appropriate external monitoring that goes across the open internet, and the API is fine within their firewall, so they don't test the path to their API that goes through cloudfront.

Either way... scary, in a "this gives me second thoughts about paying for premium in the future" kind of way.

yes, it's kind of bad.

Adrian Basson February 22, 2024

I have logged a ticket as well but not response yet :(

please let me know when it's fixed.

We did two tests with postman. For one of us it worked and for myself it presented that error. So it might be IP specific?

tzsebe February 22, 2024

That's what I thought at first, until I saw that many people have the same issue. It's more likely that someone mistakenly deployed a bogus configuration that might be blocking an entire ISP (but only for the API). 

Walid
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 22, 2024
Like Adrian Basson likes this

Thanks for this.

We are using the python trello client to get the boards and there is no payload in that get call. So oddly works in postman but not for that library now.

tzsebe February 22, 2024

There's a fix that can be applied for those of us that need it asap, referenced in the py-trello issue: https://github.com/sarumont/py-trello/issues/373

tzsebe February 22, 2024

Looks like they've suspended the rollout until March 12. This should hopefully give all users enough time to update and migrate.

Thanks for hearing our voice!

We urgently needed a fix and that pull request you mentioned above - i updated py-trello with that which resolved it so thank you!

how exactly did you solve the problem? I understood that now it worked as before, but how to solve this problem in the future? i also use py-trello

The older py-trello library is doing a get call that is posting through an empty payload. Trello has stopped the ability to do a get call with any payload in it (even if empty) - that's where the error comes from. As mentioned in the link above this is the fix https://github.com/sarumont/py-trello/issues/373 waiting to be merged into the main branch. Trello also confirmed this. I basically did a pip install on that tree and then it worked again.

I assume that the main branch will be updated with this fix at some point.

1 vote
Dawid Zdrojewski February 8, 2024

Same here, when making first call to API I'm continously receiving: 

Screenshot from 2024-02-08 12-13-58.png

Request ID: JA_o_ffa3LtEHFBcc17SRfBiazLws_Xjg6XU76bbvLx0Q4ZXLBaIqw==

Still happening here

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events