Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello API Custom Fields

Daniel H March 16, 2022

the api is not returning some custom fields for each card, even though they have data in the field. some fields return data, some return blank even though it should have data. i can’t seem to figure out the pattern of why. here's the api call i'm using

https://api.trello.com/1/boards/.../cards?customFieldItems=true&filter=open&fields=all&key=...&token= ...

thanks for any help!

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel H March 16, 2022

I think I might know what’s going on. It’s because the API will rearrange the custom field depending on if the field is populated or not. So somehow I need to make the blank fields get called up too? Anyone know how to do that?

Example:

Trello Card has field 1, 2, 3, but only 1, 3 have values

API returns 1, 3, but I need 2 so it stays in order on the spreadsheet i'm syncing it to

Another thing that could help is if the fields were labeled/named by the field's name? i don't know how to do that.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2022
Daniel H March 17, 2022

Thank you for the help. Sorry I'm not very technical, is this something I'm supposed to append my api call with? I would like a way to translate IDs to Names. I'm trying to get Trello to one-way sync with a different database.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2022

@Daniel H 

Each micro is a collection of api to get to your Trello data or to some services to be performed. In this case, it is to get the custom fields as key:value. 
You can do it with Trello api and for custom fields you need to work with custom field definitions which will give you the name, type, etc. and the custom field values stored on the card. 

Daniel H March 17, 2022

Thanks again, but I really don't know how to use the link you gave. Am I supposed to input my data into that to get a code I can use to get every card's custom fields and their values?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2022

@Daniel H 

I have updated the documentation with a price lookup example.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events