Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Hide Cards in Board

ULAŞ July 4, 2019

Hi Guys,

I am creating a board to track expense approval processes. There are 4 lists in board. 

Since it's expense related issues, everyone should see only his/her expense approval process.

Is there a setting to hide the card from someone who is NOT added as a member to that card? Or is there any other way to serve my purpose?

Thanks in advance

2 answers

0 votes
ULAŞ July 5, 2019

Hi Iain,

Thanks for your reply, it filters for members. However, what I want is a bit different. That filtering is temporarily as far as I understood. 

I have recently learned that all cards may be visible in a board, but you can prevent the ones who are not added as a member from clicking/viewing, etc. that card.

Do you know how to do it? ıs that true what I learned?

Thanks,

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2019

@ULAŞ you can do that if they aren't members of a board, yes. This is "Observers" for business class, or if you have a board that is team viewable, then team members who are not on the board will be able to view and comment but not move cards around, or if you have a public board anyone on the internet can see it but won't be able to move cards around.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2019

@ULAŞ there's no way to prevent people from seeing cards in the board they're not added to, but you can use board filtering to allow each person to see only the cards they're added to. The keyboard shortcut for this is "q":

https://help.trello.com/article/787-filtering-cards-on-a-board

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events