Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbnails not displaying on Trello cards

Tori Johnson July 4, 2022

For some reason thumbnails of attached JPGs are no longer showing up on my Trello cards, and the option to choose one of the images to 'make cover' is gone. Can anyone help? I've got cover images enabled in settings and all my old Trello cards are fine, it's just newly created ones. It's not just happening on my PC either so it's not a storage issue - it's happening on my client's PC as well, when she views the same Trello cards. 

1 answer

0 votes
Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2022

Hi Tori,

Thanks for reaching out!

I've replied to your support ticket, but I'll copy over my response here for posterity.

Our team has looked into this, and it looks like the image files you are attaching are actually WebP image files instead of JPEG files. WebP files are currently not supported for attachment thumbnails and card covers.

Our team is working on bringing WebP image support in the coming months.

For now, the workaround is to convert the file to a JPEG file and then upload it to Trello.

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

Michelle Tink October 2, 2023

It's been over a year since your response. Nothing?

Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2023

Hi Michelle,

We do support WebP files now so you should be able to see attachment thumbnails and be able to make those files card covers.

Are you unable to do so? Can you let us know what's happening instead?

Lara
The Trello Team

Michelle Tink October 2, 2023

I'm trying to view attached png files. When I search for a card many cards come up. If I hover over each one, I can see the cover/attached png. But when I have to hit "advanced" because there are more cards not showing, I can no longer see the Cover/attached png thumbnail when I hover over these cards. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events