Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slack notification when Trello card is moved to one specific list

Kyra Williams
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 13, 2021

Is it possible to send a slack notification ONLY when a Trello card is moved to a particular list? I don't want to clog up Slack with a notification every time a card is moved, I only want a notification to be sent when a card is moved to one particular list.

I only see the option to send a notification when a card is moved to a different list, not a specific list. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 1.32.20 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

Hi Kyra! Welcome to the community :) Would using Butler automation work instead of the Trello/Slack integration? You could create a rule that posts a message based on a particular trigger like this:

slack automation.PNG

Kyra Williams
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 14, 2021

Hi Hannah!

Thank you so much, this is extremely helpful :) Very new to all of this so really appreciate your help here. I will give Butler a try!

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2021

Great! Glad that's helped :) you can customise the body of the message depending on what you need over in Slack, so I'd suggest having a play around and also checking out variables: https://help.trello.com/article/1157-variables

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events