Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Slack notification when Trello card is moved to one specific list

Is it possible to send a slack notification ONLY when a Trello card is moved to a particular list? I don't want to clog up Slack with a notification every time a card is moved, I only want a notification to be sent when a card is moved to one particular list.

I only see the option to send a notification when a card is moved to a different list, not a specific list. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 1.32.20 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hannah Morgan Community Leader Dec 13, 2021

Hi Kyra! Welcome to the community :) Would using Butler automation work instead of the Trello/Slack integration? You could create a rule that posts a message based on a particular trigger like this:

slack automation.PNG

Hi Hannah!

Thank you so much, this is extremely helpful :) Very new to all of this so really appreciate your help here. I will give Butler a try!

Like Hannah Morgan likes this
Hannah Morgan Community Leader Dec 14, 2021

Great! Glad that's helped :) you can customise the body of the message depending on what you need over in Slack, so I'd suggest having a play around and also checking out variables: https://help.trello.com/article/1157-variables

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

A Trello template to help you clean up your Confluence Space

Calling all Trello + Confluence users! We're celebrating all things Work and Wellness in our Confluence collection, where our team has been sharing activities to create more mindfulness around the ...

905 views 4 13
Read article

Atlassian Community Events