Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single New Line in Report Pattern

Justin Nelson April 7, 2022

I can't seem to get a single newline to show up in the report pattern. The double newline "\n\n" works and puts an spaced line in-between the next line and prior line.

What I want is in the pattern for building the report output to be able to do something like this:
  Review #01 of Weather: Due EOD 04/22/22
  Tags: Review, Weather
  Expected Time: 1hr

Review #02 of Weather: Due EOD 04/31/22
  Tags: Review, Weather
  Expected Time: 3hrs

Everything I try either doesn't work, or gives me a spaced newline (because I have to use two newlines). I want to replicate what I did above with the text following Review #01 and Review #02 above. Any help is appreciated it.

I've tested this with some of the cases below.

Example 1:

every sunday at 8:00 pm, create a report in variable "report" with all cards in list "Current Reviews" using pattern "This\ndoes\nnot\nline\nbreak!\n", and send an email notification to "email@address" with subject "Review(s) Due This Week" and message "The following review(s) are due this week.\n\n{$report}\n\n---\nNotes:\n\n1. This report was generated at {timelong} {date}." 

Email2.PNG

Example 2:

every sunday at 8:00 pm, create a report in variable "report" with all cards in list "Current Reviews" using pattern "This\ndoes\nnot\nline\nbreak!", and send an email notification to "email@address" with subject "Review(s) Due This Week" and message "The following review(s) are due this week.\n\n{$report}\n\n---\nNotes:\n\n1. This report was generated at {timelong} {date}."

Email3.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Justin Nelson April 29, 2022

This is a bug and has been submitted to the Trello team.

0 votes
Theodoro Reato
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2022

Hi Justin, 

Your pattern line isn't correct, you need to set variables to let Butler understand what you want. I tried to replicate your case, however, I didn't understand if the first line is the Card's name (I added in my pattern if it was the name of the card), and I didn't understand which field the expected time is, I added the due date in the place. If that isn't exactly what you want, you can change the variables, you can see the full list in the article I sent.

{cardname}\n Tags:{labelname} \n Due date:{cardduedate} \n\n

You can check more information about the pattern in this article

Justin Nelson April 14, 2022

Hi Theodoro,

You're example doesn't work for me to get a single line break in the pattern.

Here's the Trello Butler command.

every sunday at 8:00 pm, create a report in variable "report" with all cards in list "Current Reviews" using pattern "{cardname}\n Tags:{labelname} \n Due Date:{cardduedate} \n\n", and send an email notification to "email@dommain" with subject "Review(s) Due This Week" and message "The following review(s) are due this week.\n\n{$report}\n\n---\nNotes:\n\n1. This report was generated at {timelong} {date}." 

The email I got looks like below. "Tags" and "Due Date" are on the initial line.

The following review(s) are due this week.
[cardname] Tags: Due Date:April 14, 2022
[cardname] Tags: Due Date:April 15, 2022
[cardname] Tags: Due Date:April 19, 2022
[cardname] Tags: Due Date:April 19, 2022
1. This report was generated at 14:26:05 CDT April 14, 2022.
This email notification was set up in Butler by Justin Nelson.

I'd expect it to look something like this.

[cardname]
Tags:
Due Date: April 14th, 2022

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events