cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing my project updates in Jira with Non Trello team

Irina Atkinson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 4, 2018

I use trello but my team at work only uses Jira (they are not signed up w Trello)

Im using my personal Trello account, and on my board for work use, Im using my Jira power up to link my project to my Jira issues, but will my team be able to see my updates/details/attachments as well - or must they sign up with Trello in order to see my progress

I love the functionality of Trello, and would hate to have to do double work just to allow them to view my details - 

1 answer

0 votes
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2018

Hi Irina, welcome to the community!

I had a similar issue, only in reverse. We needed to share JIRA data with a Trello team. 

I used a third-party automation service called Zapier to create a syncing rule that every time a JIRA issue was created in a certain project, a duplicate was made in Trello. 

This can absolutely work in reverse for your case where Trello ticket creation would trigger a new issue in a JIRA project. 

Our automation is one direction though:

JIRA issue created within criteria = Trello Ticket Created

JIRA issue comment updated = Comment Added to Trello Ticket

JIRA issue status updated = Trello column moved

With some additional work, you could easily create automation to have both tools more or less synced. 

This will require some work though by someone experienced in if/then statements and integration work. If you don't have someone who knows (or willing to learn), your options are more limited. I assume that there is something else out there, but don't have information on other solutions. There is a JIRA power up, but it's pretty limited as well. 

I hope in the future that Atlassian takes further steps to integrate Trello with their suite of products. 

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2018

I should also let you know that integrating the two services with Zapier will require credentials from both programs, so you will likely need to work with the JIRA administrator at your organization for that info. 

Irina Atkinson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 5, 2018

thank you so much meg - i've fiddled with it but i think i still need to understand it a bit more as its not quite doing what I need it to do - but I will try your suggestions.

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 5, 2018

You're welcome Irina, happy to assist whatever way I can if you have questions. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events