Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set due date on a copied card to a specific day of the week, within a specific month of the year

Dayna Deaner March 23, 2024

Hello! I am having trouble setting a specific due date. How can I create an automation on a "copied" card with a due date on a specific day of the week, within a specific month of the year, rather than a specific date, e.g., 1st Saturday of April? 

Below is a summary of what I have done so far and what I am trying to accomplish.

Automation with desired outcome: I have a card with the title "Dust" in the list "Weekly" with a due date of "Wednesday 3/27/24". I also have an automation to move all cards with due dates less than 1 day to a list titled "Today". I have another automation set for when a card is moved from the list "Weekly" into the list "Today" to copy that card to the bottom of the list "Weekly" and set a due date to the same day next week, e.g., Wednesday 4/3/24. These automations effectively produce a duplicate card with a due date on the same day the following week. 

Automation with issue: I have a card with the title "Windows - spring" in the list "Semi-annually" with a due date of "Saturday 4/6/24". As in the example above, I also have an automation to move all cards with due dates less than 1 day to a list titled "Today". I have another automation set for when a card starting with the title "Windows - spring" is moved into the list "Today", a copy of that card is created at the bottom of the list "Semi-Annually". However, I cannot figure out how to achieve the desired due date of "1st Saturday in April". I can see how to set a date that is a year in the future, but that date will happen on a different day of the week than desired, e.g., 4/6/24 is on a Saturday, 4/6/25 is on a Sunday, 4/6/25 is on a Monday. I don't want the new due date to be on a Sunday or Monday. I want to new due date to always be on the 1st Saturday of April.  I also can't do it by weeks because 365/7=52.1428571429. And I can't do it by days because of leap years. 

How can I create an automation on a "copied" card with a due date on a specific day of the week, within a specific month of the year, rather than a specific date, e.g., 1st Saturday of April? 

Thank you in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2024

You can do this using a custom date field and by following this article...

https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/arithmetic-and-formatting-in-date-variables/ 

Once you set the custom date field accordingly, you can then use the command

When a the custom field "date" is set, set the due date to the date in customfield "date"
0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2024

Hi @Dayna Deaner 

It looks like the rule only exists for...

• Set due date on a specific date this month or next month, and...
  • Set due date on a day of the week, based on weeks (1st-4th), either this month or next month

...but not extended beyond this/next month.

---

There's also an option mentioned on this answer, which suggests you could...

• Add a label which specifies a weekend day, and then...
  • Move the card's due date by 1-2 days, into the business week

---

You could also check if power-ups can do what you require - such as Card Repeater, or another power-up in the store.

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events