Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial entrepreneur: Should I use 1 or 2 Trello accounts for my 2 businesses?

Lisa A Lindqvist
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 16, 2019

Hi all, I am a new Trello user. I have two small businesses (<6 employees each) with zero overlap between the two. I thought I might set up only one Trello account (vs one for each company), so all my boards would be in one place. I would then set up teams for each company in order to group activity for each. 

Does anyone have any insight, pros/cons, or best practices in this area? I'm using Trello Business Class.

Really appreciate it!

1 answer

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2019

@Lisa A LindqvistInteresting question.  My recommendation is to use a single Trello account for yourself, and have multiple teams in order to separate the different businesses.

That might require you to setup a Trello team from an email address from each business, and then adding yourself to both teams with an email address that is not tied to one of the businesses.  This setup would allow you to separate the accounts later if the need arises.

Lisa A Lindqvist
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 18, 2019

Thanks, Marc. That is a great idea! I'll do that. Thanks for your input. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events