cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send mails from Outlook to Trello board

Alicia Filíu Birlanga
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

Hello, 

I have a question. My customer wants to send mails to Trello board from Outlook, but she received error emails. 

She can send mails to the cards, but not to the board. 

Is there a difference between send emails from Gmail or send emails from Outlook? 

Maybe is a problem of server?

I think the way is the same. 

Thanks. 

Alicia. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christl_Email for Trello
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 21, 2023

Hi @Alicia Filíu Birlanga👋

Christl from SendBoard here - makers of the Email for Trello Power-Up.

It's tricky to identify the issue without the exact error they are getting. With Outlook we've  sometimes seen that certain Microsoft 365 accounts will default to block automatic email forwarding. It might be worth looking into allowing automatic external forwarding for the specific email address they want to use (check out our article on how to prevent Microsoft 365 from rejecting to forward emails for example errors and steps to follow).

If that doesn't solve it you might need to open a support ticket with the Trello team so that they can help you troubleshoot.

Alicia
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

Hi @Christl_Email for Trello !

Thank you for your answer, but, they don't use automatic forwarding really, they use manual forwarding. When they need to forward a message, they resend it to the board email address. And then they receive the email with an error message. 

I will ask them ton send me that error email and I will open a support ticket with Trello team. 

Thank you for your help :-)

Alicia

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events