It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Searching one board only on Trello

I can't figure out how to use the search button ONLY for the current board I'm on. I've got several boards & the search returns results for ALL boards. Help! Thanks!

2 answers

Hi

Search feature on a board is available by board menu. See this

https://help.trello.com/article/787-filtering-search-cards-on-a-board

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Mar 04, 2020

@paul in addition to the comment from @Ludo regarding the ability to filter on the current board, you can also restrict search to the current board using the "board:" search modifier. You can see the full list of modifiers here:

https://help.trello.com/article/808-searching-for-cards-all-boards

The reason you might like to do this is because the way that conditions in filtering are combined is always "OR" rather than "AND". This means that if you filter by title and label, then you'll see any cards on the board that either have the title match or have that label.

If you use search modifiers to show cards on the current board that have a label and title match it'll give you a narrower list. It also allows you to negate conditions such as "cards without label X".

The only downside is that it displays the cards in a results list, not on the board.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,520 views 13 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you