Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for a specific card, two always come up, one is archived?

Betty Peterson October 12, 2020

When I search for a card, for the last week I always get two cards -- each with the same title, but when I open them up one says it is archived. I don't remember archiving a whole bunch of cards. I was playing around with creating another list, and I remember I tried to delete the extra list, but that's all I can think of. I may have saved the one list I have under another name to try to experiment with it. Or . . I'm not sure. I am sick of having to open up both cards to find the one I am looking for. And I am worried with the duplication I will accidentally use the archived card to save information on and then not be able to find it later if I get rid of the archived duplicate list. so it makes me nervous.

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2020

@Betty Peterson you can prevent the search from showing archived cards by including:

is:open

in the search terms. More info here:

https://help.trello.com/article/808-searching-for-cards-all-boards

If you want to prevent the archived one from showing up permanently you could delete it. When you click the card and see that it's archived, scroll down a bit and you'll see that the "Archive" button has been replaced with a "Delete" button. Just beware that deletion is permanent.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events