Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search lables or words for all Boards

Brian Prosserman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 6, 2019

Hi,
I am quite shocked that after learning to use your software that there does not exist a global search for all boards.

Also, in the same light, discovered that there does not exist the option to create global labels for all boards.

For me use, this is a vital fundemental feature that is missing.

Do you have a workaround to search for labels for all boards at once?

The very best,
-BrianP

2 answers

0 votes
Tag
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 13, 2024

label:labelname

(When using the same labelname over workspaces/boards, all will be found by this search method.)

0 votes
Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2019

Hi @Brian Prosserman

Can I confirm if you're looking to assign labels to issues and then search for them globally - or search for all boards with a "label" attached to them?

In the first instance, you can use issue search:

• Apply labels to your issue set
  • On the navigation bar, choose Issues > Search for issues
  • Search for issues with your label (eg. labels = XXX)

In the second instance, you can't add a label to a board - but you could put a common denominator into the board's name and search using that - for example: 

• Have all boards for Team A include "Team A" in the board name
  • On the navigation bar choose Boards > View all boards
  • In this page there is a search box for "Find a Board"

Let us know if either of these solve your issue :)

Ste

Brian Prosserman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 9, 2019

Hi Ste,

Thank-you for your response and support!

When you say "..On the navigation bar, choose Issues > Search for issues.. or "..On the navigation bar choose Boards > View all boards..", I am going to the navigation bar where the search box and hour glass are and inputting the informtion.

I am not clear what an issue set is but I am adding the labels to the cards.

When I type in "label:green", only three of the six green lable records are listed.

So your recommendation works but for some reason it is not picking up all the cards.

Not sure how to why not all the cards are not listed.

Maybe you have a troubleshooting idea?

The best,

-BrianP

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events