Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule is linking back to the template card instead of new card created from it.

Leslie Rieger March 23, 2022

So I have a rule that when a card with a particular name is added to my list To Do, it renames the card, sets a due date, and then finds another card (on a different board) and links my newly created card as a checklist item on the found card.  I have a template (in list Templates) that I use to create the card in the To Do list.  For some reason, the rule keeps linking the checklist item back to the template instead of my new card, even though the rule trigger is a card being added to list To Do, so I would think {triggercardname} would refer to the copy, not the template card.  Here's the rule:

home to do linking issues.jpg

Can anyone offer insight into why it's seeing the template card as the trigger? And what variable I should use instead to get it to link to my actual card in the To Do list instead of the template?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jared
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2022

It's not seeing the template card as the trigger; it just doesn't know about the name change to the trigger card because that was an earlier action in the rule.

Leslie Rieger March 24, 2022

Okay, that makes sense.  I changed {triggercardname} to {triggercardlink}, assuming that the link to the card doesn't change just because the name does, and now it works.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events