Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverting to previous editor?

Benjamin Bernard January 21, 2023

The interface has changed, and I can't write links using markdown as []() anymore. Instead I have to use the annoying GUI with a few extra clicks. Is there a way to use the old input method?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2023

Hey @Benjamin Bernard - welcome to the Community!

The new Editor experience still supports markdown, if you type markdown directly into the editor, it'll convert into the markdown you've specified. You can also convert your editor into the Markdown mode to view and copy. 

Benjamin Bernard January 22, 2023

Markdown works if I type the URL, but most people will only save links that are too long to type. If I copy and paste a URL into the parentheses of the markdown format it creates a full link rather than just pasting the URL.

Example: [see here](paste some very long link) creates [see here]([very long link](very long link)). It would be appreciated if we could convert the editor to Markdown for writing, not just viewing and copying.

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2023

Hi @Benjamin Bernard - I'm still not hundred percent sure what you mean by this as I cannot replicate this issue. See the following screen recording: https://share.getcloudapp.com/2Nu69xXX

In this screen recording, I successfully create links using the new editor experience with markdown three times, one time when I spell out the full URL, and the other two times when I copy the URL. When I copy the URL, I click CTRL/CMND + Z to stop it being stylised, then continue typing. All three URLs successfully create a URL via markdown. 

If you are not experiencing this behaviour, then I recommend raising a bug report over at https://trello.com/contact

Please set the What can we help you with? field to 'Using Trello', and the Pick a topic field to 'Report a bug'. 

You can also raise a feature request for your request re: an editable markdown mode there, but as we've discussed, you can type markdown directly into the editor and it should (and is on my machine) creating the style specified. 

Rasie1
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 23, 2024

It is not possible to disable WYSIWYG editor, the experience is degraded. We need an editor that supports markdown.

I accidentally clicked "Switch to new editor". How to revert to the previous editor?

Inserting formatting elements when I type in special characters is not considered a markdown support

UPDATE: I just found a way to switch to non-WYSIWYG editor: https://trello.com/u/rasie1/labs

Nice, thanks for keeping this option!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events