Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red bell notification (on card) not working

Alessio Caddeo September 8, 2020

Hello,

a colleague apparently doesn't get the red bell notifications on cards she's watching when a document is uploaded or somebody writes a comment. She only gets it when she is tagged in a comment. I get then every time there's something new (a post, a document, or the card being moved to a different section). What do you think the reason is?

Thanks in advance!

4 answers

0 votes
Daniel Tan August 18, 2022

same issue here. did you managed to resolve it?

0 votes
Nani PTT
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 16, 2020

Hi, I'm having an issue for maybe a week now.

Someone mention me in the card or comment in the card, I get the notification, I see the bell is red color, but whenever I clicked the bell, the board is stuck like freeze then sometimes come errors say could not load.

It stays frozen forever, I can't do anything unless refresh the page to use it. But if I tried clicking the bell again, it freezes again. 

The only way to see the notification is whether to check on ALL the board or check in my email, which is kinda a 'long' way, cause I need to check the inbox, while I can just do it in Trello but now doesn't work.

PS: I attached the picture of the bell when I clicked but never show anything.

Oh yeah, this isn't an app, I just use it online :)

Trello Bell Issue.JPG

Regards,
Nani

(you can also reply to me via email nani@pttoutdoor.com) 

Thanks!

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2020

@Alessio Caddeo is she watching the card?

https://help.trello.com/article/799-watching-cards-lists-and-boards

Also note that the red bell doesn't show up on mobile devices.

Alessio Caddeo September 9, 2020

Hi Iain, yes, this happens on cards she's watching. In fact she's the one who creates them.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2020

@Alessio Caddeo you're not necessarily watching cards that you create though. Unless that little "eye" appears on the card, and she can see "watch" is ticked in green on the card back, she will only be notified about being mentioned in a comment by her username. Also, in addition to the red bell icon, she should be able to see the notifications in the menu in the top right (also a little bell), can she see them there?

Alessio Caddeo September 10, 2020

@Iain Dooley she says the green tick appears every time she comments on a card, but she still doesn't get the red bell when a file is uploaded

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 10, 2020

@Alessio Caddeo okay well if she's watching the card, and another user is performing the action, and she can't see a red bell on the card, and she is using a desktop app or web browser (rather than the mobile app), and she can see the notification in the notifications menu in the top right, then I would recommend that you get her to record a screencast of this behaviour with loom.com then go to trello.com/contact and submit the video directly to Trello support (Rather than to the community, this is public and she might share sensitive information). This might be a genuine bug, so probably worth submitting directly to them.

carlota.rincon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 10, 2020

Hi @Iain Dooley thanks for your reply :)

So, the issue here, as Alessio explained, is that even though I am watching the card I don't get the notification when someone uploads a document unless they mention me. These notifications do not appear in the notifications menu in the top right either.

I was checking the notification settings but it seems I cannot find anything related to it, so I guess the best option at this point would be to contact them directly. 

Thanks for the help :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events