Questions about a Trello workflow

I have a client who wants to use Trello for tracking sales people.  Here's the idea:

One main trello board that is automated with Trello bot to create customer cards at specific times of the year.  These cards are the same every year and happen at the same time every year.

The main board is set up like a kanban - inbox, to do, doing done.

Each sales person has their own board.  Cards from the the main board are copied by the bot and a copy is sent to the salesperson's board.

The salesperson calls their clients.

When a client has been dealt with it gets moved to the salesperson's done board, is copied and a copy is sent to main board and filed on the "done" board.

This is awkward to set up, for sure.  I'm thinking with Trellobot and perhaps Zapier it must be doable - or am I on another planet?

1 answer

1 vote

Hi Darlene,

This might be indeed possible with 3rd party integrations. I would also recommend checking out https://butlerfortrello.com/ for automating certain steps of this workflow.

Another great resource for setting up a Sales flow is our Playbook for Sales here: https://trello.com/teams/sales

Thank you!  This is helpful

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Feb 02, 2018 in Trello

Atlassian User Groups: Trello edition

You’re invited to our first ever Trello User Groups   Good news for current and aspiring Trello enthusiasts! We’re launching Trello User Groups so that you can network, share ideas, solve ...

1,208 views 8 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot