Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about an specific search in Trello

Alicia
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2022

Hello everyone!

I have a question about an specific search in Trello:

My friend's company uses Trello to make orders. They use cards with the order numbers as the title card, to make the tracking.

They use this kind of numbers: order 555_6536, order 555_6537 ...

Well, he tries to find the order, writing in the searching box: 6536, or 6537

He has realized that Trello does not find the cards in this way 

But if he use this kind of number: order 555 6536, order 555 6537... And he tries to find the order writing in the searching box: 6535 or 6537, the card appears. 

Does the "_" symbol the problem? 

I thought Trello can find anything in the texts, or in the part of the texts

Thank you for your opinion in advance

Alicia

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2022

Hola @Alicia 

Me resulta extraño lo que comentas no he podido reproducir la situación y leyendo la documentación, creo que debería funcionar, no sé si la habrás leído pero la comparto contigo por si acaso.

https://help.trello.com/article/808-searching-for-cards-all-boards

https://blog.trello.com/the-secrets-of-superior-trello-searches

Espero que estés bien.

Un saludo 

Alicia Filíu Birlanga
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

Hola @Vero Rivas ! Gracias por tu ayuda. 

Igual está relacionado con algún comando de búsqueda, no sé. 

He hecho una grabación de pantalla del caso. 

Tarjeta con nombre "PEDIDO 555 1974"

Tarjeta con nombre "PEDIDO 555_1974"

En la búsqueda pongo 1974, y sólo me aparece la tarjeta PEDIDO 555 1974

No sé muy bien por qué ocurre, pero quizá deberán cambiar la nomenclatura de los nombres de las tarjetas de los pedidos para que puedan encontrar los pedidos por número del final. Grabación pantalla con búsqueda 

Like Vero Rivas likes this
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2022

Hola @Alicia Filíu Birlanga 

He visto el vídeo y te soy sincera pareciese que la búsqueda la hace mediante un right o un left, realmente es un caso extraño

Si pruebas a buscar como en windows "*1974" a ver si así te muestra todas las tarjetas, cualquier cosa me comentas, intentaré reproducir la situación en mi Trello.

Un saludo.

Like Alicia Filíu Birlanga likes this
Alicia Filíu Birlanga
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2022

Gracias @Vero Rivas , perdona, no vi la respuesta. 

He probado lo que me dices, de buscar *1974, y tampoco va. 

Lo que me dices de que la búsqueda la hace mediante un right o un left, no lo entiendo 😅

Yo he pensado una cosa. Tendrá que ver con Markdown? En Markdown poniendo "_" delante y detrás del texto se convierte en Italic. 

No sé, igual es algo sin explicación de la técnica simplemente😂

Gracias @Vero Rivas ! sigo investigando!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events