Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Scheduled Automation

Kelly Gabel April 27, 2024

Can someone tell me why the Action options for Scheduled automation are so limited? I have a client who wants to be able to reset all checklists on a particular list every Monday morning, and not only can I not create a reset checklist rule for the whole board (seems to be card-level only) but I can't affect checklists at all with a Scheduled automation.

I'm going with a card button solution for now, which is still manual but saves some time, but it got me thinking, why is the Scheduled Automation feature so limited?

2 answers

0 votes
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2024

The clunky solution I've always ended up having to use is having the Scheduled Automation triggering a regular Rule Automation. Normally via adding a label.

Then your Rule Automation triggers off of the label add, clears the checklist, then removes the label.

Its a bit clunky, and can waste automation quotas if used everywhere, but is inoffensive enough for things I want to trigger weekly/monthly.

But yea, no idea why Trello limits access to automation features by automation type.. 

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2024

@Kelly Gabel i think its more to do with the fact the checklist triggers and actions are a bit limited. They have come a bit of a way since I started using them though, so I am hoping there's more to come. 

You can make a feature request for this at https://trello.com/contact

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events